The Moment we decided to adopt again!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

The moment we began waiting for our new daughter!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Busy Day, but a good one!

We had a very busy day today. We actually didn't wake up until 7:30 am for the first time since we landed in China. We are usually up by 4 am, so we totally slept in.

Today we visited Yunling Village. It is nothing like the city and nothing like I would have ever expected. We got off the bus after about an hour bus ride and the first thing we encountered was a Village Lady bleeding out a chicken and there were several more waiting for their fate. If anyone knows me, I am a total animal lover, and yes, I eat meat, but the killing part is something I keep far out of my mind. Not today. My second witness was another lady placing a live chicken in a giant pot of boiling water. Then they were plucking and pulling and chopping and all sorts of barbaric things to them, and ducks and fish. And there was not a thing sanitary about any of it! Not to mention the smell! However I completed enjoyed the village children so happy to see us. They all ran up to us, greeting us. We had candy to share and Mariah was so willing to give each child a piece. They were all very friendly and completely content in their squabble. It was a very sad scene for someone who has so much, and we all take for granted. The women were washing their clothes by hand in the spring. The filth and the conditions we far beyond anything I had ever seen. I feel so guilty going back to the states, to our beautiful home, with all the amenities. Their small village home could fit in my bathroom and the floor was dirt, and their was no clean running water. But again, I must say they were all smiles and so friendly! That is all they know. The pictures do not even compare to seeing it up close. It was truly a self sufficient village growing their own crops and livestock. We would not even know where to start if faced with that situation. Their vegetables and fruit looked absolutely delicious, but of course, we could not eat with the fear of getting sick. I was happy to leave.

We did have a fun day with Mariah. She is opening up more each and every second. I can not even begin to tell you how much she giggles. If you just look at her funny, she just busts out laughing. She is a joy. We went back to the park again today, and we got her picture taken in traditional Guangxi style clothing. The pictures are beautiful. She loved to dress up. She is so girlie. Her and Marissa are going to be true best friends. She then got to jump on a trampoline bungee jump and I thought she would be afraid, but she was all for it. It was fun to see her so happy. She even let Chad kiss her a bunch today. She still clams up sometimes though, without warning. But it has only been 5 days. So she is doing remarkably well.

We have also had a blast with our travel group. We have all become friends and will probably try to get together and keep in touch. Our guide Jane is amazing, and her love for the children is so strong. She started to cry today when she was talking to the families about how we have changed the orphans future and they would not have a good life if we did not adopt them. Chad even teared up too! (Don't tell him I said that) I am going to miss her! Only Sunday and Monday left in Nanning, a city we have grown to love. Then it is 3 days in Guangzhou and then home!!!! I can't wait! I miss my kids!!!!! I can't wait for them to meet Mariah. I think once she is home, we will get to see her shine!!!!!! We are so truly blessed to have her as our little girl!

1 Write a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Contact! We are on Steve's computer. We've been following every day your amazing journey. Your family is doing very well. Marissa gets so excited talking about Mariah and how she got to talk to her on the phone. Now you've seen the REAL China...and that is far more vast & the true picture than what you've seen in the city. We really miss you guys. Ivy and Zoe's favorite pastime this week has been playing "Chad & Mariah" mimmicking each other. Precious. We can't wait to see you.

The Sehmer's