The Moment we decided to adopt again!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

The moment we began waiting for our new daughter!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Last Full Day in Nanning!

I can't even believe that we have had Mariah for 6 days now, and tomorrow we leave late afternoon for Guangzhou where we do the last of our paperwork. It has been the most memorable experience of my entire life. When I got Mya two years ago, her being a baby, I didn't experience the ups and downs and the emotions because she was so young. This week we have gone from happieness, to total sadness, to grieving, to liking, back to happieness and pure joy. We have come to know that Mariah is an amazing little girl who is totally goofy, smart, caring, very particular in everything she does. (I have another Marissa on my hands!)

Today we went sight seeing and of course back to the park where we rented a boat (Thanks for forgetting the camera Chad!) It is totally like you are movie stars. We must have said hello 500 times today to people walking past and saying hello to us. It is so bizarre to have people hurry and get their camera when you are walking past because they have never seen Americans before. Chad is usually a shy conservative kind of guy, but he sure does love talking with the people. It has been so nice to see him open up. And especially watch him fall completely in love with our daughter. Again, he is a changed man, spiritually and emotionally. I am such a blessed woman!

We spent alot of time in our room bonding today and I have captured some video of Mariah trying to teach Chad how to write in Chinese. It is hilarious because she was getting so mad that he could not do it right! She would check over his work like a teacher and her student and make the neccasary check marks. I can not believe that time that was put into this little girl and her school work. I watched in amazement as she wrote in English 1 through 100. I could not believe it. So not only is she fluent in Chinese Characters, but she has mastered the ABC's and our numbers. I hope I can help her keep her Native language. It would be so sad for her to forget all she has learned.

Well, I hope all is well at home and we miss everyone so much. Thank you all for the support you have given while we have been gone. I will remember it forever! I can't wait till you meet Mariah. She is heaven sent!

2 Write a Comment:

Tao's Mommy said...

WOW.....Mariah is one gifted girl. When I got Channing at at 3 yrs & 7 mths she could print to 50 and do her ABC's too. Wuzhou is one AMAZING SWI. The kids are so smart and gifted!!!

I so know what you mean about trying to keep the Chinese she has....I wanted to so much, but in our community it was hopeless and when there was a chance for Channing to speak Chinese she wouldnt.

Looks like Mariah is adjusting well.....I'm so happy for all of you. Channing really enjoyed the video's!!!
Tell her Tao Tao says hi. Does she remember Tao Tao?

Mom said...

Hi Mary,Chad & Miaozhan. I haven't had time to comment for some reason. But we all have been following the blog together. How heart breaking it was on the first day, your father read it to us as we all sat at the table and cried. I can't imagine what that little girl was feeling. But it sounds like she is finally settling in and loving you both. I can't wait to giver her a big hug. I have loved her (my 12th grandchild) since I first saw her picture months ago.

Everyones fine here at home. Mya is now potty trained!!! (hope you bought my vacation tickets already!)
Ryan got to ride his dirt bike yesterday! He has been the man of the house since you have been gone. And Marissa has been the lady of the house! Everyone misses you! Especially Teddie! He moans in agony for you! =]
We love you guys, and we will ALL greet you on Friday!

Love, Mom