The Moment we decided to adopt again!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

The moment we began waiting for our new daughter!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, May 4, 2009

One Month Home!!!





May 3rd, 2009 is the one month celebration of being home with our new daughter Mariah! It has been a wonderful month, indeed! And what better way to celebrate than walking for adoption at Brittany's Hope Walk of Love which raised over $25,000! It was a great time and we were honored to be a part of the cause! We walked 2 miles with 3 little girls in tow, so I thought we did pretty good! The girl's were exhausted!!!

I still can't believe it has been one month since we FINALLY got off the airplane:) and became a family of 6. Mariah is doing so well! She is speaking English ALOT and learns something new every day. It is so special to witness her "firsts" and see the awe in her eyes and the giggles she blurts out because everything is funny! She has opened up to Chad so much then before. We now can look back and say, remember when she wouldn't let you do this, or that? She has such a sparkle about her that you can't wait to learn more about what her personality has hidden inside. The girl loves to sing, and even if she has no idea what the words are, she can come up with the rythm and make up her own words! How sweet it was to see her at the Walk of Love, hold her little hand over her tiny heart and sing the National Anthem, in Chinglish, as we call it! I saw a tear or two go down Chad's proud face. And that man just won't stop! He is determined to become that little girls daddy if it is the last thing he ever does. I have never been more proud to call him my husband. The patience this little girl has taught him and the calling he now feels to help all in need. His passion is growing and growing, I think he might be out of control! For the past decade, Chad has been all about growing his business, work work work! I think he wants me to get the job so he can stay home with the family. What a month can do! The kids are still bonding well! Mya, I would have to say is struggling the most. The two girls spend the most time together and Mya has now realized Mariah is here to stay and she is going to make sure Mariah knows who was here first! We knew that would eventually come, but it's not out of control, but there certainly has been some struggles! Sharing struggles, Mommy time struggles, and Daddy time struggles! As to be expected! And Ryan and Marissa still seem pretty content with the new member and go about their daily lives happy!

I probably won't be updating as much as I usually do. We are such a busy family and with summer coming, well my main focus will be on my kids. I feel like the "adoption journey" is coming to a close and I want to focus more on the family journey. Its a nice feeling to finally be in this place and I can't believe that we have gotten this far! I have even decided to start a new blog, which I will let you all know. It will be more of a family blog that will focus on all the lives in the Hecky House! It may not be as exciting, but it will be truthful, hopefully inspiration and of course still talk about the miracle of adoption. Stay tuned!

2 Write a Comment:

Lori said...

Can you believe its been a month since we've all been home? Your little Mariah looks wonderful. I love that girls! She brought out Mikenna's first smile which we will forever be grateful! We look forward to seeing you guys over the summer. We miss you all. Love, Lori

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

WOW... congratulations on all your triumphs this last month and also all the revelations of areas for growth that always help enrich our lives when we find that strength. I am glad to hear about your family doing well and so thankful your Mariah is home. p.s. My husband often thinks he wants to stay at home too and I go to work... hee hee It does make your heart melt. =0) Sara.sofa