The Moment we decided to adopt again!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

The moment we began waiting for our new daughter!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Giving Thanks to the Lord!!!

I know most of you are wondering about how Mariah has been and how our family is adjusting, but I just really wanted to take this post and thank God for everything that He has lead my family through in the past year. We have always, and I mean always felt His prescense and His hand guiding every step we took since the second we decided our family was not yet complete. Adoption is such a miracle in itself, but when you trust the Lord with all of your heart and every single detail is placed perfectly in your lap, your faith grows so strong you just want to climb to the top of the highest mountain and scream thanks to the Lord. So this is my mountain, and I am yelling from my heart, "Thank you God!" Thank you for opening our hearts, planting the seed and taking care of all the details, down to the day where You put it in my heart to let Chad know I wanted to adopt. Thank you for opening his heart instantly and his feelings that he also had more love to give. Thank you for opening up Holt's website in front of my eyes where I instantly, and I mean instantly saw our daughter's profile as she waited months for a family. Thank you for having the other family that saw her profile 6 months before to decide that she was not their daughter. You knew she was ours all along. Thank you for guiding Holt's committee in making the decision to choose our family for Mariah when two other's stepped forward also. You knew she was to be ours! Thank you for guiding me through all the paperwork, the endless paperwork and giving me the perserverance to be organized (I am so not an organized person). I was able to get our dossier done in record time! You knew we wanted our daughter in our arms. You placed the right people, the right circumstances, the right weather, the perfect timing, everything was perfect in your timing, because You knew she needed to get home. Thank you for sending our warriors to our side when financially another adoption didn't seem possible, you sent them, and made it possible. Thank you for giving us "patience" in waiting for all the China Government steps. The wait was gruilling, but You never wavered. You were there, always! Your timing was more than perfect with our travel, Chad's work schedule. You knew we needed to be together when we finally met our daughter. It was worry free and the most unforgettable two weeks we have ever and I mean ever shared! Your perfect timing sent us to China with many amazing families who shared a passion for your orphans and we will remember them all forever! You brought us to our daughter, and even throught the hardship of our initial meeting, through the tears and grieving, the love was building instantly and we will love that little girl forever. You had no doubts! Your timing brought us home to our children on the day spring break started. How perfect is that? Ten days of togetherness, bonding, hugging, giving thanks! Unforgettable! You knew that we were all meant to be together. And together we are forever, a family of 6 and we give you thanks from the bottom of our hearts! Please continue to watch over us, guide us. We know that we have huge obsticles to overcome. We have several barriers to peel away from a heart that was without a mommy and a daddy 5 years. Help her see our love! Show her we are here unconditionally forever. Thank you and we love you. In Jesus Name, we pray, Amen!

2 Write a Comment:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

ok, so I sit here crying as I read your words and am in thanks to you for sharing them as I need to hear them so much this night. I have been so worried, so stressed today as I look at ALL the money we have to come up with so quickly to get our sweet Jeremiah home! It looks so impossible with my wordly eyes as I watch the Jeremiah Fund barely move and then I read your words and I remember all God did to get Noah home! I KNOW He can do it again and it will take even more God showing off because it has to be quicker and resources are tapped out that we used last time. anyway... back to you :) sorry THANK YOU for sharing your heart with us here as you gave thanks to the amazing Father! :) You have a beautiful family!

God bless you ,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Sarah k said...

Ok in tears again! I just can't read this precious blog anymore without crying! Mary, sweet Mary, your post has renewed hope for me. Thank you. I know that God has HIS timing and that all will happen when HE is ready. Though I am tired and worn, I will keep looking to the hills where my help comes from. Thank you so much for being a beacon of light in the adoption world and for all the sweet and loving comments that nudge me through the days. You are such a lovely friend and I am so glad that God brought you to my life. I am so happy for your family and I so enjoyed sharing your trip to China! I can't believe it is done! So amazing. All that anticipation to end is such marvelous and wondrous participation! Anyways, thank you for your beautiful words tonight. They surely touched my heart. Love to you!

Sarah k