The Moment we decided to adopt again!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

The moment we began waiting for our new daughter!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun!

I can not believe that we have had Mariah in our lives for 24 days! Wow!! Every day gets better and better and with every passing minute we get to see our little girl shine brighter and brighter. Her laugh is contagious and she always is ready to smile! What a personality!! She really is coming around and as I sat waiting for her to wake up this morning, I realized that I could not imagine for a second her not being here. I guess that officially makes her forever in my heart! Not that she hasn't already been, I just haven't thought about it with trying to think about what it was like before she was here versus now. She has brought so much joy! She is very and I mean very ticklish. You can just touch her with a pinkie and she cracks up laughing! She loves bubble baths and can stay in there until her skin is completely pruned! She still prefers chop sticks over a fork! She is a total cuddle bug and will just run to you if she sees a comfy spot that she might snuggle up to! She is a TOTAL girlie girl! Between Marissa and Mariah, our house has become Diva Castle! I think she may believe that she is a princess! Well, she is! She is finally opening up to Chad (a little)! It is so funny because she loves when he is around, but just not too close! She loves playing tricks on him and she loves pretending she is the doctor and he is the patient. She pretends to give him shots! I can see that I will probably only be the favorite for a few more short weeks and then just like the other 3, she will prefer him, and I will just be stuck being the mom! Oh well, that's not so bad! As far as the sibling bonding, I can not tell you how wonderful that has been to witness! It was completely natural for everyone involved and I look forward to watching these four children grow and bond and be best friends for the rest of their lives. I am truly cherishing every moment! I am one blessed woman!

0 Write a Comment: